Where can I find a Revocable Living Trust Form?

Terry Says:

A revocable living trust — which is an estate plan, better than a simple will — must be created by an estate planning attorney in your state.  This is not a do-it-yourself  project!  To find an estate planning attorney, you can go to the website of the National Association of Estate Planning Attorneys (http://www.aaepa.com/member_directory/)  or the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (https://www.naela.org/).

But if you’re looking for a “living will” — the form that gives your preferred end of life instructions,  (ie, the “pull the plug” document!), then you can get that form online.  They are available at many websitea, including U.S. Legal.  But you should be aware that these are state-specific forms, so you’ll have to get one that is legal in your state of residence.  When you complete the form, but sure to have several copies and give one to  your physician to put in your medical records, and another to give to a trusted relative or friend who will have it handy in case of necessity.

And while you’re at it, make sure you complete a healthcare power of attorney — designating that same trusted person to make medical decisions on your behalf if you are not able to act for yourself.

Have a Question?

Ask yours!

Recent Questions

Terry hasn’t answered other questions. Why not ask her one?