I ave an IRA about 165,000. with Smith Barney should I move it to Fidelity or VanGuard?

Terry Says:   Are you comfortable with the advice given to you by your broker? Good advice is worth paying for!  But if you don’t have a relationship with your broker, then either Fidelity or Vanguard will give you a free investment plan if your roll over your IRA with that much money.  Call them both at 800-FIDELITY and 800-VANGUARD, and tell them you are thinking about rolling your account.  Ask them what investments they would recommend, given your age, financial situation, and risk tolerance.  That’s how you’ll get an idea of what to do. Go with your instincts.