Ask Terry Questions 401-K Rollover

401-K Rollover

By Terry Savage on May 06, 2014 | Investments

I need to do a 401-K rollover because I am no longer with my employer of 18 years. Is Sharebuilder a good vehicle to self manage a 401-K account? I have over !00K and I am very nervous about management fees. How do I know what is reasonable for fees?

Terry Says:  Why don’t you just rollover to Fidelity or Vanguard or T. Rowe Price?  Each has a brokerage division, so you can choose either mutual funds or pick your own stocks with part of the money — all at a very low cost.  They will handle the rollover directly from your company plan, so you don’t touch the money!  And they will give you investment advice based on your goals and situation.



a personal
finance question