By Terry Savage on December 07, 2018 | Investments

Hi terry, Im 54 and have around 45,000 in my 401k(I also have a pension worth about 1100 a month if I retire at 65). My 401 is in tech stocks. I want to move it to something safe. What do you recommend? Thanks john

Terry Says

In every 40l(k) plan there is a “safe” option — typically called a “stable value fund.”  That’s where you should move to minimize risk.  If you don’t see either a money market fund or a stable value fund,  or a very short-term bond fund,  consult with your HR department and tell them that by not having some option like this they are putting your retirement in jeopardy!

Recent Investments Questions



a personal
finance question