/ Ask Terry Questions / 401k at retirement

401k at retirement

By Terry Savage on January 15, 2022 | Investments

Where should I invest my 401k now that I have retired?

Terry Says

Glad you asked ME — and not a salesperson! Contact Fidelity or Vanguard and ask for their help in ROLLING IT OVER into an IRA Rollover account. They’ll do that directly. Then depending on your other assets and tolerance for risk, invest in the more conservative of their mutual funds, such as an equity-income fund. And feel free to leave some in cash in a money fund in your new IRA, to cover RMDs that will start at age 72.

This is the no-commission and inexpensive way to do it. Don’t be afraid. You can do this –and they will help.



a personal
finance question