Ask Terry Questions 403B retirement account

403B retirement account

By Terry Savage on February 28, 2024 | Financial Planning / Retirement

Worked for a school district for 3 years. Left in 2005. I am 72 years old now. I wanted to rollover this account to my bank. Thought it would be easy. So many steps to complete. There is no communication between Corebridge Financial (Valic) and myself unless I initiate. Started this in December now have to start from the beginning because too much time has lapsed. Any ideas to move this through.

Terry Says

Don’t move it to your bank. They are not experts in this. You’ll want to do a direct rollover to Fidelity or Vanguard.
Read this for instructions:

They will handle all the details. Just put it in a money market fund. And next year they will calculate your Required Minimum Distribution.

Recent Financial Planning / Retirement Questions



a personal
finance question