Ask Terry Questions $90,000.00 emergency medical bills i can’t pay

$90,000.00 emergency medical bills i can’t pay

By Terry Savage on May 31, 2019 |

Where can I get help I’m an unemployed uninsured army veteran and can’t pay these bills?

Terry Says

OK, I really need more details to point you in the right direction.

First, I’m assuming that you were not treated in a VA hospital, where they have resources to deal with these bills.

And if you were treated by private doctors or a non-VA hospital, you should immediately contact the financial services offices of these institutions.  Sadly, you may also have to contact a bankruptcy attorney.  But before you do that, contact the National Foundation for Credit Counseling at 800-388-2227.  You can trust them, and they may be able to help you lower these bills.

Please write back — let me know what happens, or if  I made some wrong assumptions.  So close to Memorial Day, it is especially sad to hear of your plight.

Recent Questions



a personal
finance question