Ask Terry Questions Changing Name on Savings Bonds After Divorce

Changing Name on Savings Bonds After Divorce

By Terry Savage on August 14, 2015 |

I need to change the name and beneficiary on my savings bonds, which were given to me as part of my divorce.  Where do I get the forms?

Terry Says: 

Go to — note this is NOT the government site, but a private site that I trust completely. They have a terrific form for bond inventories and can help you make the transfer into YOUR name for ownership (although you will likely need a copy of the portion of the divorce decree that grants them to you. Then you can easily name a new beneficiary. Jackie Braley at can help you deal with this.

Recent Questions



a personal
finance question