Ask Terry Questions Estate Planning and Fiduciary representative

Estate Planning and Fiduciary representative

By Terry Savage on June 03, 2023 |

Hi Terry,
I need guidance with estate planning please. I’ve accumulated a substantial amount of assets, well beyond a million. I’m 67, single, healthy, never married, no kids, my older brothers live 1000 miles away. I have a lot of acquaintances where I live however I don’t have any close friends nearby. What do you suggest? I need someone to act on my behalf if I’m incapacitated and handle my estate when I die. I’m not comfortable with my situation and have to get my estate in proper order. It’ll take a great weight off my mind. Thank you.

Terry Says

First, please listen to this video I created on the subject:

Then on to the one most difficult problem of all. You won’t be around to deal with these issues –so you want someone you can trust after death. But equally important — and perhaps more important — you want someone to be around to help in case you are incapacitated in some way. That person might have to manage your care while you are living, as well as the distribution of your estate after death.

First, read this article:

You’ve inspired me to do more research on behalf of others in your situation who do not have a close relative or younger friend to step into this role. Look for a column in the future on my website.

Recent Questions



a personal
finance question