Ask Terry Questions Fiduciary advisor?

Fiduciary advisor?

By Terry Savage on January 29, 2019 | Financial Planning / Retirement

My husband retired from govt FERS we took his TSP money and invested it with a company recommended by Dave Ramsay’s certified planners. We were told no fees if you lose money.The original,company has also been sold several times and while we have the same broker we are now paying more fees and I’m not comfortable with it anymore. I want to move the money somewhere else. I was going to look at Edward Jones but they are a full service broker not a Fiduciary like you recommend. Can you steer me in the right direction.

Terry Says

Wow, I never heard of an advisory firm that promised no fees if you lose money.  They must have charged a lot of up-front fees to make this guarantee.  Oh well, I assume that is all history now!  I recommend you use to find a Certified Financial Planner who is a FIDUCIARY and charges only fees for advice, not commissions for products.  It costs nothing to do the search, and the first meeting is always free.  So trust your instincts –and narrow your potential problems by choosing from a people of excellent advisors.

Recent Financial Planning / Retirement Questions



a personal
finance question