Ask Terry Questions Finding Probate Lawyer for Mom’s Estate

Finding Probate Lawyer for Mom’s Estate

By Terry Savage on October 01, 2018 | Financial Planning / Retirement

How do I go about picking out a Probate Lawyer for my mother’s estate? I don’t know of anyone who has used one that they can recommend. Should I call the Bar Association for a recommendation?

Thank you,

Terry Says

Yes, contact your local bar association or use this website: This link will take you directly to the “estate planning” section, and that is where you will find the attorney you need. If your local bank has a “trust department” they might also be able to recommend an attorney to do this for you. Of course, if your mother made a will, it might be easier to go to the law firm that created the will — but be sure to ask about fees and compare them with the other attorneys.

Recent Financial Planning / Retirement Questions



a personal
finance question