Ask Terry Questions gold stocks

gold stocks

By Terry Savage on February 15, 2016 | Investments

I would like to invest a small amount of money in gold not gold itself but in the gold mines is there a simple way can I do this

Terry Says:  Contact Fidelity or Vanguard and ask about their mutual funds that buy gold mining stocks.   Or go to, and inquire about  their gold funds.  That is their specialty.  You buy these funds directly, without a broker, so there is no up-front commission.  But there are minimum investment requirements, typically $2500 if it is not in an IRA.    If you can’t afford the minimums, then I would suggest buying a small gold coin from a reputable dealer.  With gold trading over $1200 an ounce, you are looking for perhaps a half ounce coin.



a personal
finance question