Ask Terry Questions Help After 33 Years of IRS default?

Help After 33 Years of IRS default?

By Terry Savage on June 10, 2013 | Wild Card

Defaulted on IRS installmt contract 33 yrs ago. Am now 72 & owe $39000 in back taxes & fees. Am single, no children, bad credit & no assets other than small SS. Is there hope to reconcile w/o punishment?

SAVAGE SAYS: You need an attorney who is familiar with IRS issues. Contact your local bar association. You may be able to enter an “offer in compromise.”? But a lot depends on what happened then — AND on what has happened to yo9ur tax returns in the intervening years!



a personal
finance question