/ Ask Terry Questions / Investments


By Terry Savage on November 24, 2021 | Investments

I have money invested that I’d like to use since I’m 76. I’d like to purchase a more expensive home, but understand that I’ll have to pay thousands in taxes. It seems what I’ve invested will sit there for my children to inherit. How can I avoid all these taxes if I need about $200,000? Thank you.

Terry Says

That all depends on how it is currently invested. If you’d like to send me more details, do it in an email to Terry@TerrySavage.com. I’d need to know if it’s in a retirement account, or in individual stocks you own. And maybe you could tell me why, at this age, you’re looking to buy a more expensive home. I only ask, because at this stage of life most people are considering downsizing!

Recent Investments Questions



a personal
finance question