Ask Terry Questions Investments in retirement

Investments in retirement

By Terry Savage on July 11, 2015 | Financial Planning / Retirement

I will be retiring soon and have investments. Do offer a service of personal advisers?
If not can you recommend an investment adviser?

Thank you,
B. Hoffman

Terry Says: I’m a registered investment advisor but I do not manage accounts for individuals.  If all you need is investment advice — vs total financial planning advice (covering wills & living trusts, tax issues, insurance, etc) then I would suggest you consider using Vanguard or Fidelity.  They offer investment advice — and withdrawal planning –using their low-cost mutual funds. That doesn’t mean you have to put ALL your money in their funds.  But you can let them know what money you’ve allocated to bank cds or other “chicken money” investments so they can plan and advise appropriately.



a personal
finance question