By Terry Savage on April 20, 2024 |

Hi Terry-I have an IRA CD that will mature in June of this year… I am 71 years old… what should i do with it? Thank You.

Terry Says

Just roll it over for 6 months or one year. That assumes the 6-month rate is close to 5%. If not, you can roll the IRA to another bank or mutual fund company that pays more. You have another two years to take RMDs, and there is no penalty for breaking an IRA CD if you need to take a required distribution.

Recent Questions



a personal
finance question