/ Ask Terry Questions / IRS payment

IRS payment

By Terry Savage on September 22, 2022 | Taxes & Economy

My tax payment was put in estimated tax for2022 when it should of been paid for 2021. I sent letter to IRS and cannot get resolution.

Terry Says

Ugh. I’m assuming you have an IRS ID.me account and have verified this mistake. If not, read this article on how to open an ID.me account.

Your next step is to contact the Taxpayer Advocate office. Start here: https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

They must have contacted you about the non-payment or under-payment for 2021. How else would you have known about this problem? Be sure to respond to that letter.

And as a last resort — and assuming you really do need estimated taxes for 2022– pay the 2021 taxes as they demand, and you already have a tax reserve for this year!!



a personal
finance question