/ Ask Terry Questions / Owe IRS back taxes

Owe IRS back taxes

By Terry Savage on March 29, 2023 | Taxes & Economy

Hi Terry,
I owe $20,000 in back taxes and tried to get installment payments setup with IRS but that was denied because they are missing my 2020 tax return. It got lost. So, I need to re-submit that 2020 tax year and then get those back taxes paid off. I would prefer that an professional help me navigate all this and get the IRS off my tailand get this in order. The radio and internet are flooded with a kinds of services to assist. Who is the best person to help me with my case? Love you on WGN! Thanks,

Terry Says

In this case, you probably want a very sophisticated agent — an “enrolled agent.” EAs are the only federally licensed tax preparers who also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS.

Find one using the search at their website: https://taxexperts.naea.org/



a personal
finance question