Ask Terry Questions Property Tax Lawyers for homeowner in Cook County.

Property Tax Lawyers for homeowner in Cook County.

By Terry Savage on October 12, 2015 | Taxes & Economy

Missed the deadline to appeal for my assessment tax appeal but have been receiving all kinds of mail from lawyers that will assist in the process. Each one has a certain percentage they take if they win the appeal. Is this another Cook County scam or is this legitimate. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Terry Says:  There are many lawyers who specialize in property tax adjustments.  And in most cases each takes a percentage of the amount they save for you.  The only such attorney I recommend is Andrea Raila  — because I have worked with her on several columns and know she is good, honest, and reputable!  Her contact info is below:

Raila & Associates, P.C.
Phone: (312) 587-9494    Fax: (312) 376-3118
742 North LaSalle Street, Suite 300 Chicago, Illinois 60654



a personal
finance question