Ask Terry Questions Refund of taxes withheld

Refund of taxes withheld

By Terry Savage on March 21, 2024 | Taxes & Economy

My sister, Robin, 61, has dementia and Down syndrome. She has lived with me in my home since 2006 when my mother passed away. I became her caregiver in Sept. 2023 with Help at Home. They took out taxes and told me that there was an exclusion form I would have to file to get all the taxes paid back.

I do not make enough to file my taxes with the IRS. So I need to know what form or what I need to do to get it back.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and consideration in this matter.

Linda Colbert

Terry Says

Do this IMMEDIATELY! Get help from VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance. Call 800-906-9887 for locations. And you can contact AARP for their Tax-Aide sites by calling 888-227-7669. It’s all free!

You probably qualify for some credits, not just a refund. But these sites are getting crowded with the deadline just weeks away.

Recent Taxes & Economy Questions



a personal
finance question