Ask Terry Questions Rent Subsidy

Rent Subsidy

By Terry Savage on March 16, 2014 | Housing / Real Estate

Terry, I’ve read that the surest route to bankruptcy is being a “single mom no child support. HUD rental assistance funds frozen for eight years. grandparents picking up the child support until retirement savings almost gone. Where can the kids get regular monthly rent assistance to keep a decent roof over their heads in a decent school district.?


Terry Says:  That all depends on their state of residence.  There are plenty of community programs, and federal programs to provide assistance to a single mom, depending on her income level.  Perhaps the best thing would be for  them to move in with you (?) so you could help with childcare and not deplete your own retirement funds?  Let me know if this is a possibility.



a personal
finance question