Ask Terry Questions scam victim

scam victim

By Terry Savage on February 17, 2023 |

I gave up my social security number and date of birth in a credit card scam. What do I do, I am in my mid 70’s drawing social security ? Our credit is already frozen and all financial accounts have pass words.

Terry Says

Read this and keep checking your credit report:

Change the passwords on your bank accounts. And then go online — securely, at home — to check the balance in your bank accounts every day. It’s a terrible feeling, but if your credit is frozen, they can’t open new accounts. Keep checking your credit reports regularly to make sure there are no “inquiries” –which would indicate someone still trying to open credit in your name.
And do you have a mortgage? If so, notify your mortgage servicer that you have been a victim of identity theft.

Recent Questions



a personal
finance question