Ask Terry Questions Social Security pay back

Social Security pay back

By Terry Savage on January 30, 2024 | Wild Card

Terry, I received a letter from Social Security stating I owe one month payment back to them. I believe this is correct so I mailed a check to their Great Lakes office. It has been over 1 month and the check has not been cashed. I don’t want my benefits suspended and talking to SS is been no help. Do you have any advise of whom I should contact?

Terry Says

Wish you had mailed it registered with a return receipt. Give it another month. Either they will contact you saying they still haven’t received it, in which case you can stop payment and write another and send with proof. Or they will have finally cashed it.



a personal
finance question