By Terry Savage on August 06, 2018 | Investments

I have no idea what I am doing with stocks, but I am interested in getting started with them. Where should I start? Is there a source that has people that will watch my stocks for me(i.e buy/sell when needed)?

Terry Says

The simple answer is that you need a mutual fund, where professional buy and sell stocks for you — and other investors — and you can watch the fund price fluctuate. Once you have money invested in the market, you will start learning about stocks.
Are you working? If you have earned income, you could put the mutual fund account inside a Roth IRA, where the gains will grow in the future on a tax-free basis.

Call 1-800-VANGUARD to get started. They will help you pick a mutual fund based on your age and goals. And they can open the account as a Roth IRA.

If that already sounds too complicated, here’s a link to an article and complete section on how to get started at a great website,

Recent Investments Questions



a personal
finance question