Ask Terry Questions tax refund from my amended tax return

tax refund from my amended tax return

By Terry Savage on July 05, 2024 | Taxes & Economy

My account made an error on my tax return which had me make an overpayment of 5000. He filed an amended return in July 2023 for my 2022 return. I still haven’t received the refund. I’ve tried to contact the IRS but their website tells me to call and when I call it sends me back to the website. What can I do to get help getting my money?

Terry Says

I can understand how frustrating it is to deal with the IRS.  What you really need is to create a personal account with the IRS.  Read this article to learn how to do that:  Why You Need an IRS Individual Online Account and How to Sign Up – TAS

Then you’ll be able to track your issue, and hopefully your refund.  If that doesn’t help, try the office of the Taxpayer Advocate:  Taxpayer Advocate | Internal Revenue Service (

And your accountant owes you some help, for making the mistake in the first place!  If none of this gets you anywhere, he should hire a forensic tax specialist at his/her cost to get  you some professional help in this search.



a personal
finance question