I have set up 529 plans with Brightstart in Illinois for two grandsons who live in Wisconsin. I see that you do not recommend Brightstart. Can I roll them over to another plan without incurring any costs or penalty, or am I stuck with Brightstart?

Terry Says:  You can easily do a rollover.  I recommend Vanguard or T. Rowe Price.  Go to their websites and search under 529 plans, and they will help you with all the necessary documentation.  Remember, the money can be used for any college in any state.  So you want to go where fees are lowest, and performance is best.  Both of these plans qualify as Morningstar “gold” plans.

Have a Question?

Ask yours!