Ask Terry Questions Bankruptcy


By Terry Savage on January 30, 2024 | Credit/Debt

I need help with filing for bankruptcy and which chapter to file. Can someone here help me or point me in the right direction?

Terry Says

Your best first step is to contact the National Foundation for Credit Counseling at 800-388-2227. That will connect you to the nearest local office. You can set up an appointment in person or on the phone. They will review your situation, and if necessary recommend a bankruptcy attorney who can help you. But there just might be a step short of bankruptcy — so give them a call. You can trust them completely, and it’s free or very low cost.

Recent Credit/Debt Questions



a personal
finance question