Ask Terry Questions College Loans co-signed

College Loans co-signed

By Terry Savage on September 23, 2015 | College Savings / Student Loans


Could you recommend what type of attorney I could consult with regarding college loans? I am eligible to be released from these loans as a co-signer, per the loan company.

Thank you,

Terry Says:  Are you saying the loan company has told you they will release you as a co-signer from your child’s student loan?  That rarely happens!  That is, unless the loan is refinanced and the child can get a better rate and sign for it independently because he/she has a good income.  (Go to to learn more about this refinancing process for grads who have good jobs).

But if that’s what you’re saying, I don’t know why you would need an attorney.  If you can tell me that, I could probably point you in the right direction.  But if they will re-write the loan and remove your name, then I don’ t think an attorney would be necessary.

Recent College Savings / Student Loans Questions



a personal
finance question