Ask Terry Questions college loans

college loans

By Terry Savage on February 18, 2015 | College Savings / Student Loans

My kids need to get a loan for college this year. Hopefully we can pay it off quickly. Where is the best place to get this loan? Thank you.

Terry Says:  Go to and learn everything you need to know about financial aid for college.  You must file the FAFSA form — the free application for federal student aid — to see if you qualify based on income.  In fact, many colleges require this form even if they grant scholarships not based on need.  Also contact your high school guidance officer to see if your kids (twins?) qualify for merit scholarships — either academic or athletic.  You’re very late to start thinking about this, as most financial aid is on a first-come, first-served basis.  So get going now!

Recent College Savings / Student Loans Questions



a personal
finance question