Ask Terry Questions Completing the information on back of bond

Completing the information on back of bond

By Terry Savage on February 15, 2024 | Wild Card

I have moved to a new mailing address different from that printed on the front of the bond. On the back, do I fill in with my new address?

Terry Says

The info on the back of the bond is to be completed only if you’re selling and turning in a paper bond. And you would most likely do that through a broker.

To change your mailing address contact the “transfer agent” on
The back of the bond. But since most “bearer bonds” only have coupons to clip, I’m wondering why you feel the need to change your address. There are very few paper bonds outstanding that mail interest checks to the owner.



a personal
finance question