Ask Terry Questions consolidating credit cards

consolidating credit cards

By Terry Savage on June 06, 2016 | Credit/Debt

I need to consolidate a few credit cards….who can i contact?

Terry Says:  If your credit is good you can roll your balance from a high-rate card to a lower rate card.  It’s called a “balance transfer” and you can go to and look up the best deals on balance transfers.  Here’s a link to that page.

But if you have bad credit, issuers won’t offer you that kind of a deal.  In that case, the best route is to pay down the balances — paying down either the smallest balance (and closing the card) or the highest rate card, first.



a personal
finance question