Ask Terry Questions Credit Report Correcting

Credit Report Correcting

By Terry Savage on March 01, 2014 | Credit/Debt

You were on WGN 9 in Chicago this morning and talked about a website to visit that assists in making corrections to your credit reports? I missed what the website/contact info. was, please provide? Thank you!

Terry Says:  No, I was talking about a website for an organization that helps you if your identity has been stolen.  It is and it is free, in both English and Spanish.  You’ll talk with a counselor who will guide you through the steps of restoring your credit.   However, if you think there are errors on your credit report, you should contact each of the three major credit bureaus.  You can do that for free through the government mandated site:  When you get each of those reports, you are entitled to make a statement that must be attached to each report.  And you can contact the company that posted erroneous information about you and request that they change the info if it is in error.



a personal
finance question