By Terry Savage on August 09, 2018 | College Savings / Student Loans

I am saving dollar bills with an E or A in serial # for my grandson Edward Austin. He is 14 months old and I have saved $1300+ so far and plan to continue to save them for years to come. Looking for somewhere to invest this for him long term. Suggestions?

Terry Says

What a clever idea to save bills with his initials. The only problem is they don’t earn interest or grow for his future. It’s time to open a 529 college savings account, where the money will grow tax free for college. See my recent post on the subject under the “college savings” category for a full explanation. Or go to to learn more.

Recent College Savings / Student Loans Questions



a personal
finance question